Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startup Memory Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJR

ISP
Apr 22, 2000
US
After my computer goes through the Memory Test I now have to press F1 to get it to continue because I get the following message...."confilict I/O ports:2F8 Detect IDE" and at the bottom of the message it says to hit F1 to continue. Is there a way I can correct this? Thanks!

2F8 is the memory address commonly used by serial port 2 (COM2), so I would go into the BIOS and check your COM port settings...If you have 2 COM ports make sure COM1 is 3F8/IRQ4 and COM2 is 2F8/IRQ3, and the part about detect IDE makes no sense in relation to 2F8, but if your BIOS has an IDE detection option built-in (and most do), I would have it rescan/redetect your IDE devices then save and exit if the detection is successful. If all of that fails I would check your motherboard manufacturer's website for a BIOS update or any mention of the error you are receiving. It may also be worth changing the CMOS battery if that is an option.

Good luck...

Jeff

MCSE,CCNA,ASE

Thanks, Jeff...I will give it a try. Also, the Detect IDE was not suppose to be in the message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back