Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting up Access so that the Form is the only Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAuber

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2000
FR
I have a form that is started up via the autoexec macro. There is a button on the form that people use to exit. I want to 'force' people to exit with the button by removing all other possibilities - i.e. removing both the X on the Form in the top right hand corner, and also removing the X from the Access application Bar. This way - the only way to shut down would be to use my button.<br>I have sorted the form by removing exit buttons. I have also created a blank toolbar and a blank menubar - but I can't get rid of the Close button (X) on the access application bar. <br><br>Any help gratefully received <p>Dan Auber<br><a href=mailto:DanAuber@aol.com>DanAuber@aol.com</a><br><a href= Auber's Home Page</a><br>

Turn the Modal property of the form to YES, this prevents from clicking anywhere but on the form, however, it also eliminates the use of toolbars. <p>Brian Famous<br><a href=mailto:bfamous@ncdoi.net>bfamous@ncdoi.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Sorry - the Modal property setting to yes does not seem to prevent people shutting down my form and my Access application via the Access applicatoin toolbar. Possibly there is no way to disable this. I was thinking that putting something in the On Close function might work ???? <p>Dan Auber<br><a href=mailto:DanAuber@aol.com>DanAuber@aol.com</a><br><a href= Auber's Home Page</a><br>

you're right, it works for everything else but the Close button.<br>here is another option that i know i've used.&nbsp;&nbsp;Set both Pop Up and Modal to Yes.<br>Then create a shortcut for the database on the users desktop.&nbsp;&nbsp;then in theh shortcut's properties, in the Run window, select Minimized.&nbsp;&nbsp;what this will do is open Access, pull up your form, but minimize the Access window itself, showing only your form. <p>Brian Famous<br><a href=mailto:bfamous@ncdoi.net>bfamous@ncdoi.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back