Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting system message bus :dbus--LDAP clinet hangs at this boot stag

Status
Not open for further replies.

omasnjak

Technical User
Jun 1, 2008
CZ
I am hopping someone had similar issue with ldap, so LDAP server up and running ( debin stable ), all works super, client ( debian testing ) all ok.
When is server up and running I can without problem reboot clinet and it works, but if is server down, the client hangs at stage :

Starting system message bus :dbus

and that is the end I have to reset it. I found what is root cause. In /etc/libnss-ldap.conf just comment out
#uri ldap://192.168.1.100 ---the address of ldap server
but I am looking for some workaround not to change that conf file and be able to reboot client.
When the server is shutdown client hangs at boot stage with above message, and I have to reset it use soem livecd mount sysstem and shange as stated before, otherwise it does not works.
I am just wondering if someone can help, and make able to reboot client and not to hang at this stage.
Any hint is welcome and thank you all in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back