Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting Sound Driver in Win NT WS

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik5104

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
I loaded my sound driver in Windows NT 4.0 Workstation. I know the driver is compatible with NT because i downloaded it from hp.com and it i was on the page that had the right system model, and also i made sure that the driver said for Windows NT 4.0. I installed the driver, and the whole 9-yards. Here is my problem:

I dont have sound, still! If i go into Control Panel > Multimedia > Devices > Audio Devices and select the properties for my sound driver, it says "Status: Driver is enabled, but has not been started." I've had this problem, but i was able to fix it.....the only thing is i cant remember exactly how i took care of it. Please let me know if you have *ANY* suggestions at all.....every little bit counts :) Thanx a lot guys!

Erik

Not sure if this will help or not... Go to Control Panel, Devices, and look down the list to see if there's a device which looks like your sound driver. Check its status and try manually starting it.

Good luck.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Hi erik5104, I'm getting the same problem, did you in the end find a solution, thanks in advance?

What IRQ is your soundcard using? IS it conflicting with another device in your PC? I have an SB Platinum and when I added a WinTV card into my machine, it screwed it all up as the TV card was trying to share IRQs with the SB -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back