Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting point for IP phone TN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmomrik

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
US
How do you find what the first TN is for and IP set. I have 40 assigned to my PBX and wanted to start using them, and OTM won't aut assign one.

forget OTM and log into the PBX-

LD 20
REQ = LUVU
TYPE = i2004
return until you get TN's

I tried this, however, it doesn't give me the starting point for the first ip set. I need to program in 26 i2004's. There is currently none programmed in. How do you know where to start? I have some switches that start at 61 0, some at 82 0, and others at 96 0. Where do I find the first TN, or doesn't it matter where I start?

Those are all phantom loops, assuming you are working with an Option 11. So first you need to have those loops programmed. Go to LD 97 and PRT SUPL to find them, and then look for open TNs in LD 20. If you are creating these loops, start above the range that you will use for "real loops" (i.e., hardware). On an Option 11, that means no lower than 61, since you can have only 5 cabinets.

IP Phones use Virtual Loops, not Phantom Loops.

(Preceded by a "V" when built up in Configuration Record, instead of "N" or "P")

Also, in Option 11C systems, the "Loop" built up does not correspont to the first digits of the TN. Rather, Virtual Loop V096 will give you TNs ranging from 061-064.

Please refer to the following for further information regarding loops and cards on an 11C:
thread798-493329

Arch

You're right, I wasn't very clear. Thanks for following up my comments.

Thanks for the help. What was throwing me was the virtual loop at V096, we couldn't figure out how some PBX's would let us start at 61 and others at 82.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back