Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STARTING CONTROL BROKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lienok

Technical User
May 23, 2005
MT
hello I have eGate on the localhost. I am trying to start control broker of one schema, but there is still error:

The instruction at "0x00d4fee5" referenced memory at "0x320b798". The memory could not be "read".

then after I try connect control broker, there is of course error: Cannot connect to cbCS through port 5000

[sadeyes]
Please can anybody to help me? Shoul I reinstall eGate???

Could you give us some site info? eGate version, operating system, amount of RAM, that kind of thing.

Mark

Ok, sorry I did not think of it.

eGate 4.5.3
WinXP
RAM 1GB

One advice I already got, to reinstall it, but I can not do in this time, I hope first to try all other possibilities.

Lenka

I wonder if you already have something running? I don't use windows, but check your services to see if the stcregd, stcinstd, and stccb are currently running. Maybe also set your logging on the CB and post the log.

Mark

Hm, thanks for you advices.
But actually this is my problem stccb is not running, because if I try to start up it, the windows gives me the message:

The instruction at "0x00d4fee5" referenced memory at "0x320b798". The memory could not be "read".

That is why I can not set any logging as well.

I have two schemas. One of them is working properly, CB is running as well.

Now I suppose just maybe reinstall eGate can help me.[thumbsdown]

It still sounds to me like eGate thinks the second control broker is the same as the first. Have you tried stopping and starting them in reverse order?

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back