Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting a Webserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

roderickom

Vendor
May 8, 2003
US
I am sick and tired of someone else hosting my website. Can any provide me with a tutorial or some documentation on how to set up my own web, mail, and dns server? I plan on using either Suse or Redhat linux.

Also i plan on adding a shopping cart to my site. Does anyone have any suggestions for a shopping cart?

Roderick Shilling

Hi,

Check out:
for your webserver
for php
for perl

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

Here's a good overview and explanation of the entire process You should also find some good basic information at Also be sure to read faq253-3718 and the other FAQ's.

As far as the shopping cart, there are several that have been suggested here at various times. Be sure to check the PHP, Apache and Linux server forums and their FAQ's. Hopefully the keyword search will start working again soon. (It appears to be working, but doesn't find any results).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back