Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

starting a mirrored volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamapollo

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
AU
Hi

I have 2 servers both running Windows 2000 server, both have twin scsi drives mirrored so that if one fails it can run on the other.

Lately one of the computers on reboot is warning that 1 of the drives might fail soon (failed some test). I am a little unclear what happens if a disk fails, will it automatically switch to the mirrored volume? Both drives run of the same scsi card. Do I need a floppy with boot.ini to tell it to use the other drive or can I simply change the cable to the good drive.

Can anyone make the process clearer for me?

Thanks
Michael

you should just have to swap the good drive in to the dead drives position(or just swap the cables) and attach a blank, formatted and prepared blank drive to the other cable and it should not only boot, but begin re-mirroring itself as well.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back