Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

starting a long display at a specific row in MSHFLEXGRID 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschoe

Programmer
Jan 13, 2002
IL
I allow user modifications in a long MSHFLEXGRID which affect the formatting of a group of adjacent cells.
I then regenerate the grid display which can be many screens long.
It would be useful to be able to have the changed cells at the top of the display. At present the user has to use the scrollbars to get back to where he was which is a nuisance.
Is there someway to control the opening position either of the scrollbar or the mshflexgrid to achieve this "refresh" effect.
The program would also have to detect whether the current grid is long enough to have the scroll bar displayed, not all my grids are long.

guitarzan,
Thanks for trying.
Your suggestion wont work as the rows above the ones modified have to be visible too, by scrolling up or down.

Did you actually try it? You can still scroll after setting TopRow property. Or is there some other problem?

Johnwm ,
You are right, I did not test properly.
Thanks to both you and guitarzan for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back