Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk VM2 Only answering first 2 lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akindtech

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
Just found out today that a Startalk Flash VM2
is only answering the first 2 lines. Here is
what is set up.

On port 535 in MICS All lines are Appear&Ring
In the VM settings. I have Lines 1-8 set to
Answer, Answer on the 6th ring and use table1
Have system setup to use CCR with Tree1 enabled
Only lines 1 and 2 are answered.
This is not a Flash 2 Lite it is the Flash 2
with 24 boxes and 90 min of record time. Any
Ideas. The End User said that when the Flash
was installed the installer said only line 1
and 2 were going to Answer that all lines did
not need be set up to answer all lines. I am
not sure what the problem is! Could there be
something wrong with the VM. It is 8-2001
new. New is it??? That is a good Question. If
I left something out sorry. Please try and help
if you know anything more about this than I.
Thank You
Tom.

IF you have a flash 2 it will only answer two calls at a time - there are only 2 ports - but once that call is transfered to an extension the voice mail will take another call. but as its designed 2 calls at 1 time. The only way to change this is to upgrade the flash 2 to a 4 then you will be able to handle 4 calls at one time.

Good Luck
Norstargirl M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Could you take another look at your AA menu, specifically admin->aa->lines and re-verify that you have lines 025-028 set to answer Yes table 1 rings 6, I've seen and done the error of trying to set line 005 instead of 025.

also I agree with norstargirl about only 2 talking ports available at a time, to be able to see what is happening on these ports you could set an autodial display button on a phone for the two extensions that vm uses both the B1 and B2 channels then you will see activity on the channels as you dial in. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Quote:
The End User said that when the Flash
was installed the installer said only line 1
and 2 were going to Answer that all lines did
not need be set up to answer all lines.

Not true...all lines needed need to be set up in AA/Lines if you want them answered, if this was a rookie tech which I assume because you DO NOT assign lines to appear and ring on the vmail ports in config programming as it will not work and he/she may have assumed this to be true.
spoclogo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back