Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

souphmars

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
US
i have a startalk mini (Acquired Customer) and sometimes when she goes to check her messages it says inactive feature - she goes and reboots and it comes back up and she can check her messages, but sometimes she has to reboot the VM a couple or 3 times before it comes back up - it sounds like to me its fixing to go out, and it is just working toward that - just wanna see what yall think - its been doing it for a while

Yep. If it's a mini, it's been out there a while. Sounds like it's time for an upgrade.

i am all for installing a crash pilot, but the problem is trying to get the customer to do it

for sure it's the hard drive soon she will reboot and nothing...dead tell her to upgrade now or when it does die she may be without a voicemail for a few days or at least a day depending on how busy you are.

You could propose a refurb startalk, if you've got one on the shelf, but I always hate to install used equipment for a customer. You never know how long it'll last.

The downside to the CP, though, is they'll probably have to upgrade the phone system's software, too.

its a 6x16 - u could be right on upgrading the system - we do not have a used startalk laying around - we are going to have to figure out something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back