Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Mini Message Notification Broke 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnrC123

Technical User
Aug 12, 2021
CA
Happily using the Norstar Startalk Mini with the Compact DR5 for somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 years. (First message was left by Pontius Pilot.) The main reason we still enjoy it is voicemail Message Notification which has always worked flawlessly. Until recently when I thought I'd change the notification start and end times for my line. Now it can't seem to dial out to me.

I have reset all 'parameters' and even copied them from another person's mailbox that continues to work.

I've tried selecting both Line #1 (where it used to be) and even Line Pool when configuring Message Notification to no avail.

I've even tried adding the prefix "9" that maybe it used to need (not sure! So long ago). The other person's settings does not have a "9" prefix.

It does try to notify me, but I don't see that line light up on the Meridian anymore when it should be dialing out. Eventually, I just get a second system message saying it was unable dial out or reach the number specified.

Only changes were made a year ago when Centrex lines were converted to regular analog(?) lines by Bell Canada. But it continued to work fine over the past year, and still works for the other person's line. I don't recall Bell saying they were going to affect anything in the phone system.

In case it's relevant, I also can't seem to 'dial' the Startalk directly by dialing the 36 extension. "Do Not Disturb" pops up on the Meridian display when I try. I don't remember if that happened before.

Any guidance would be tremendously appreciated.

Cheers,
John

Corruption by the sounds of it.

Verify 36 is correct via F985
Power down the voicemail and note what happens when you call X36 and see if it states not in service or still goes to DND.
While power down remove the vmails feature codes via F**XFTEST
Power up the voice email and try intercom 36 again.
If still goes to DND then note what happens when you use the regular procedure which is F981.

Outdial:
Use Pool (if Pool A then Press 1)
Off Prem # - just the 10 digit phone number.

Delete the mailbox and re-create it if it's just that mailbox with issues.

If that does not work then create another mailbox # for that user, ie if X22 then create mailbox 32 and tell it to be associated with X22

Last resort:
Doing a REINSTALL via F983/1 and wiping out all programming will clear the bug, re-program all from scratch.

It maybe the hard drive is starting to fail, there are very few out there that still live.

Get the actual system version number from the KSU from Maintenance/SP code, then a recommendation replacement can be made such as Startalk Flash.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks so much for your time, curlycord. Looking forward to trying out your suggestions.

Seems you're in my area so I'll contact you for repair or replacement.

@curlycord, would I be able to chat with you/Telco PC? Looks like serious problems here and should find out what the options are.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back