Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Flash Software Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

miekodamonkey

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
US
Ok I have two norstar flash and 3 softwares(2.0, 2.0, and 1.7) on hand.

I initially had one flash with 2.0 and the other flash with 1.7. I was curious if my extra software was in working condition so I swapped it with the flash that had the 1.7 in it, but it didnt work, nothing came up after dialing f983 or f903. So i assumed this 2.0 software is bad, but I really wanted to know that its bad before I threw it away so I put the "bad" 2.0 software in the flash with the 2.0 software. It worked fine.

So I borrowed a 1.9 and 1.5 software from a friend and put it in the flash where the 2.0 software didnt work. The 1.9 still didnt work with the flash, so I put in the 1.5 software and it worked fine. I then inserted the original 1.7 software and it still worked fine.

So my question is, why is my flash 1.7 only reading softwares that are 1.7 or lower? Is the capacitor in the flash faulted?

I have tried the auto attendant trick (inserting 1.7 or lower then pulling power cord during "resetting" to get AA back) thinking it would up me to use the 2.0 software in it, but it didnt work.

Thanks in advace.

If you go from 1.7 to 1.9 or higher you must dial F903 to activate the feature code range. Then dial F983 to reconfigure. Your programming should still be intact.going from 2.0 back to 1.7 will default your programming.

Brian Cox

So I should put in the 1.7 in the flash and dial f903 first, then f983. Then reinsert the 2.0 software and press f983?

Ive tried this, the flash still wont read the 2.0.. I tried dialing speaker 25 (my flash extension) and it asks for a log.... I would think it would be 12000, 102000, or 1002000, but it stated wrong password.
Im tried all the default passwords... admin, operator, config as passwords but still no go.

Ah FINALLY! got my voicemail back with 2.0 software. I drained the capacitor in my 6x16DS DR5 software to reboot and default everything back up. Got my f903 to work then f983 worked too. :)

For future reference you only do F903 with V1.9 or higher.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back