Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Flash not picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bower

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
US
Earlier this week we had a pretty severe ice storm that knocked power out at one of our facilites. The power was out long enough to drain the battery back up I had on the unit so the telephone system was without power for about 6 hours. When it came back up, the telephones all worked well but none of the extensions are picking up voice mail. The voicemail unit is plugged in and active, they can check their voicemail and I can get into administrative functions like F983 or F985 but cannot see why it's not picking up calls anymore. The unit is a startalk flash on a 0x32 KSU.

Bower

Several things could cause this. It could be as simple as rebooting the Flash, or you could have lost some of the programming in the KSU. Is date and time correct on system?
What version of KSU software? Are all other features working properly on the phones?
Help us help you.

MarvO said it

what does it say when you doe f 983? log or password...

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

F983 gives a log. I actually drove down to the site today to check it out as my remote troubleshooting with a user didn't produce anything. Turns out he was plugging and unplugging an unused ATA module we have mounted on the wall and not the Startalk. A quick reboot of the module brought the VM back on line. Nothing beats being there and seeing it for yourself I guess.

Bower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back