Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Flash lost memory...replaced...that one lost memory also

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmc334

Technical User
Aug 1, 2015
US
Startalk Flash lost memory, was replaced and that one lost memory a couple days later. I have not been to site yet. They had another tech do all the previous work so no specifics on software level etc. Regardless, here is the issue....The company is sending me out to change the station module it is tied into thinking maybe it is that....personally I would have initially installed on the KSU itself but that is neither here nor there. Bottom line is my company is sending me out with this SM and personally I think it may just be 2 bad startalk flashes bcz I know they can lose memory...any opinions ???.....I think they need another Flash

Memory is kept on the capacitors inside the flash.
Flashtalks are approaching 20 years old roughly.

If they are not willing to upgrade to Callpilot then either repair the Flashtalks (replace the capacitors) or install a UPS battery backup system.

There is no way a 0X16 or another software card is going to help, you are better off telling the client not to waste their money on any further unnecessary labour.

As a test when on site program 1 item then power down for 10 minutes, see if it kept programming.
This will save a lot of programming for nothing.

The Flashtalks should be under warranty with whom ever just installed them, this info should be passed on.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back