Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk 110 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Vendor
Mar 14, 2003
CA
I need to find out if you can add more channels on a startalk 110. It already has 4 channels and I want to up it to 8 channels. I added a 4 channel DVC card already, the system sees it in maintance, but I still only get 4 channels. I reversed cards to make sure that the card I put in works and it did. My vender NOW tells that he thinks the A model can't go pass 4 channels. The software ver. is 2.04L and it has a small drive (165 min messages). Hope someone has knowledge of the old startalks.
Thanks in advance,
RA
Teleman

The startalk has a chip that says 1.3.2S, does this help at all??

RA
Teleman

I'm surprised that you got 4 to work on a 110.
They are rated at 2 channel, and the model 165 and 385 go up to 4 channel. My manual indicates that is the limit.

MarvO said it

The 110 is also referred to as a Startalk A (1 port, 2 channels). It can be upgraded to a Startlak B by replacing the 1-port voice card with a 2-port voice card. To get any more channels you need to replace the entire voicemail with either an old Startalk C (4 ports, 8 channels) or get your customer into a NAM.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back