Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

start script for cvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvisUntot

Programmer
Jan 8, 2002
DE
we use a little script like this
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/cvs -f --allow-root=/proj/cvsroot/cvshubentw --allow-root=/proj/cvsroot/x1 --allow-root=/proj/cvsroot/x2 --allow-root=/proj/cvsroot/x3 [go on for a while] --allow-root=/proj/cvsroot/x23 pserver
it works quite fine, but it does not look very good to me and i i wonder, when the codeline is just to long to be interpreted by bash. (and it is not a nice thing to change)

mostly i am wondering, if all the "--allow-root=..." need to stand in one line or if there is a posibility to put them into some kind of config-file.

i am sorry, if such a thing was asked before, but my knowldge of linux and cvs are quite small and so i did not know what to search for. (if it is unclear, what i meant, please answer and i will try to make it clearer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back