Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

start processes as a system in vbscript

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionCookies

Programmer
May 5, 2005
US
Hi,
I am trying to package one software. and it required P95tray.exe processes to run as system. So, is there any way i can start processes as system. I know i can see Psexec.exe, but i like to set in vbscript.

thanks in advance...

By system, do you mean localsystem? That is a bit of a weird one. Sometimes it has privileges similar to admin, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't have a password and you cannot login as localsystem but many services run as localsystem. You could try issuing a runas command and see where it takes you.

That's normally a service account. Typically you'd write the progam as a Windows Service or a DCOM/COM+ server and go through the appropriate configuration as part of installation.

xwb: thanks for your reply...system means local system...
it doesn't required password or login...

as psexec.exe -s would do it...the problem is it creates a service when you run call Psexesvc...and thats cauing problem..but i had figure it out...

IF I run Psexec.exe -s -d....it won't create any service...

thanks for all your reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back