Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start outlook as different user than start the session in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvit77

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
ES
I have this scenario:

Exchange 2003 and a domain.

I need to start one of our servers allways with the outlook open with an account different from the one that starts session in the server (it is the administrator), and when the outlook starts it asks for the password of the account is trying to login in the outlook. How can I bypass this password request?

Before I have Exchange 2000 and it was working...but now I don't know what I have to do....

Thank you for any help!

Add the administrator account to mailbox access permissions for the mailbox you want to open........
AD>User>Properties>Exchange advanced>mailbox Permissions, add administrator, give full mailbox access permissions

First do what ptumman is saying to change the permissions. Then create a shortcut in your startup group using a shortcut to Outlook containing the "/profile <profilename>" switch. For more information on Outlook switches do a Google for Outlook switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back