Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start Bar Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinuxGuy

Programmer
Nov 18, 2002
US
i need some code to Completlty Lock out the Windows Start Bar ("maybe even enabled thru a password") even the Windows
Key needs to be Locked... Please help

I'm not clear on the exact details of your situation,
but one possible approach is to send the person into
a long (or endless) loop.

If you trying to restrict access to various parts of the operating system, applications etc it sounds as though you would be better off looking at Policies. There is plenty of information in MSDN about Policies.

THOMASNG,

[enter sarcasm mode]
Another alternative to an infinite loop (and perhaps better programming practice) would be infect the machine with a fatal virus, or set fire to the machine or to electrocute the user through software!
[/sarcasm]

I'm sure that you meant your comment as a joke, but that sort of joke can go seriously wrong if your intended victim is not experienced enough to recognize it as a joke!

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Basicly it falls as this; I need VBA code to LOCK the Windows Key on the keyboard, that is used to show a hidden
StartBar...

As far as I know the windows key cannot be temporarily be disabled while you run your program and afterward be enabled using only VBA code. I have working code under VB6 that uses a low level keyboard hook to lock the windows key. But a VBA program doesn't support this (as far as I know).

There is however a registry entry for win 2000 that disables the key forever (or until you re-enable it again). But setting this entry requires a re-boot. Let me know if you need the registry entry (Though it can be easily found using google)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back