Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarPlus Digital 1428 admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannafly34

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
US
Hey folks...

I have a StarPlus Digital 1428 system that was donated to a missions organization that I am trying to get up and running. Here's the question...according to the manual, the admin password should be VODAVI. However, it doesn't work. The maintenance password works, but not the admin. Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

:)

If you are talking about remote access to the 1428, maybe I can help.
I currently am working on that with a 1428 in my shop.
First of all, I find two errors in the manual.
The first error is for the remote admin. password. The manual says it is VODAVI. I actually had to enter 3226VODAVI to gain access. That is how you get into a 4896 Starplus and that's what it says in the 4896 manual. But the 1428 manual doesn't say that. But I got in with 3226VODAVI. And, it seems it can be upper or lower case for the Vodavi.
The second error is in the extension number for the internal modem. The manual says ext 199. It is actually ext 499, which is again what it is on the 4896.
Using these two solutions to the manual errors allows me remote access to the system programming.
Hope this helps.
Gary Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back