Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarPlus DHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve146

Technical User
Jul 12, 2017
US
We have a StarPlus DHS 6 lines 12 extentions, 1 fax.
There was a power failure and the system defaulted. I would like to change the ring system so that incoming calls to ring on Station 11 rather than Station 10 and also tun off the ring on the Fax line.
All programming is done from the phones.

Before reprogramming, you'll want to replace the memory retention battery as another power failure is inevitable.
That said, the installation manual is readily available - google is your friend. The manual rattles thru the required steps and empowers you.

Mike Forrence

I have the technical guide and the user guide. Apparently what I want is so easy that they don't even need to explain how to do it. That's why I can't figure it out.

The station user guide won't cover this - you need to concentrate on the technical guide. Look at section six entitled "Program Entry Mode"? The manual literally shows the steps, including how to access programming as well as the default passcode. Ringing is in the "stations" section, and allows ringing to be configured on phone & line basis. OR you could just swap jumpers for X10 & 11. If fax line is dedicated for fax use, maybe just remove from phone system...

Mike Forrence

I was able to reprogram the fax line but could not change the ring on Station 10 so we switched the wires from 10 to 11 which does work

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back