Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

starplus 616 flex KSU trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonButler

Technical User
Jan 4, 2012
US
A few weeks ago this system started flashing station buttons that were not in use, then it rang caller on hold and ringback tones without anybody on the system. It then stated flashing groups of stations. After a reboot it got even worse.

This IS a KSU issue, isn't it. Or am I missing something?

I would suspect a KSU issue, however it's possible that a single phone is causing the grief. This is certainly a "classic" system - manufactured in the early 1990s. I wouldn't invest a lot in it... They were fine little systems, though.

mforrence:

I appreciate your input. I didn't think it was anything but a KSU issue because all the stations were exhibiting the same faults. But because you suggested that a single phone might cause the problem I disconnected all the stations and added them back in, one at a time.
The first surprise was that the systematic problem disappeared with the first few stations!
The next surprise was that, as you suggest, one phone WAS causing all the problems!
Thanks for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back