Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

starmail to flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuppy

Vendor
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hello all....

to anyone that can help....as i have an avaya background this nortel is very new to me.... customer has a dr5 8/24 ds ..startalk b went bad...turns out they dont need that many mailboxes and the customer needed vm but didnt want to spend much so a flash 2 is what we will put in.... so in any event can someone help me maybe with a cheat sheet to get started to make sure i dont miss any programming commands... phone system wise... i really only need to get the ports programmed in and remove any starmail programming, and also have the aa pick up immediately... i can manage to get the greeting and everything set up.....

Thank you for any help...

Chris

This is the listing I keep around for reference there are plenty other folk that can help. after the hookp to the ksu you do a feature 983 I think for the system to ackowledge the vm and identify the ports. After that you go into config to set the foward on busy to the ports identified as well as the forward no answer. you can set rings dependant on the system. check them out for the manuals on how to they are pretty straightforward.
Also you may want to do a keyword search here in thos forum there is a lot of really great info for newbies like us.

Wipe out programming:
Login : 120000 or 1020000
Press 1 and spell REINSTALL
after configured go back into F983 :266344
Setup parameters as you see fit press OK
No go back into:
F983
Login: 120000 or 1020000
For lines press AA then LINES and enter a line # and use the soft keys to have it answered by AA (0 rings = full AA)
Simple main greeting is in the Menu prompt under AA, TABLE, #1....if you want a good day and we are closed then use Greeting # 1 under AA,GRTG,GRTG and #1 for day and #2 for night and change the time/hours of operation under AA, TABLE,#1.

F982= OPERATOR in here have the business set to open, the attendants ext (221?) etc.

Hope that a good starter kit.

Cheers
CC

excuse me for my ignorance.... how do i log in...lol told ya i was an avaya man...

when you feature 983 it will say login on the display of your phone after you login it will ask for password. This seems typical of all nortel items. to get to the system or main ksu feature **266244 is the login and then 266344 is the pass or at least on our mics unit

You may need to do Feature 903 to set the feature codes. I have seen that happen somethimes. Another thing that would be a goo idea. Before you powerup the voicemail do Feature **xftest 266344 and test all feature codes. Delete them one at a time until they are all deleted.

Now powerup the voicemail and go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back