Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starfish Sidekick 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dick7057

Vendor
Jan 16, 2009
US
Is it possible to lock each Sidekick for protection?

Dear dick7057,

Tools|Preferences|General|Password at startup

Very like Windows 98 though as it can be circumvented
see the following:
faq807-2286
and
faq807-3412

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

I cannot open Sidekick-It says "general protection fault in module Sidekick.Please let me know,

Dear Dick7057,

I am a little confused, what were you doing when you got the error message?

Please let me know Operating system and Sidekick version that you are using and the last thing you did before it broke.....

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

I have Sidekick 95-I found a way to lock the system,got into the password area in tools,worked fine then I could not open each year that information was stored ,then the general protection fault came up where I can not open Sidekick

Dear Dick,

Before you open Sidekick again, check out the following FAQ here at tek-tips:

faq807-3412

HTH

Regards Jim

I have Sidekick 95 version 2.0-When I try to open sidekick a window comes up saying" an error has occurred in your application if you chose to ignore you should save your work in a new file, if you choose to close, your application will terminate."If I choose ignore,it comes up application error,sidekick caused a General Protection fault in Module Sidekick.Exe @0002:84AO. The system will not open. I need help.

Dear dick7057,

Probably be a good idea to download and install Sidekick98 as it seems to be the most stable, you can then open your Sidekick95 files in them to see if it is a problem with the files or the Program.

Regards Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back