Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

star talk mini issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Customer has a star talk mini, yes, it's old.

A single mailbox will not show in the dial by name directory. Any other mailbox will show. If I delete the mailbox and rebuild it, it will still not show in the dial by name directory. I rebooted the mini and no change.

Also, what is very very strange the recorded name for this mailbox will not delete. For example once I rebuild the mailbox, the recorded name reappears. I never have to re-record the user name. I built and deleted the mailbox 5-6 times and the original recorded name is in the mailbox in the user's voice.

This is a small real estate office and they just need the mailbox in the dial by name directory. Any new mailbox I add will not appear in the dial by name.

I suggested that I would need to wipe out the whole voicemail but thought to ask here first.

Directory" is good enough.

It sounds like corruption indeed and if not software then possibly the hard drive finally on it's way out.

I think your right and no choice but to try a REINSTALL.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back