Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standby Operations Master - How? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyjim

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2001
EU
Hi,
Here's the scenario:

Single domain with 2000 Computers

3 DC's running 2003 Standard

1 DC has all FSMO Roles on it as the domain is not big enough to warrant splitting them up.

Can anybody please tell/help me in finding out how on earth to make one of the DC's a Standy Operations Master?
Thanks.

"What happens if I press *that* button?"

Mark is right... Your only other option would be to get 3rd party software to replicate your DC to another box. DoubleTake or some such. That type of solution is pretty pricey, though.

Better just to sieze the roles if a failure occurs. It only takes 2 minutes and you don't have to mess with 3rd party software.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Thanks guys - that's great.

"What happens if I press *that* button?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back