Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standby not working [mad] 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

harolddevries

Technical User
Sep 4, 2003
NL
Since I have installed Windows XP on my computer, Standby does not work anymore, it restarts the computers and after that Windows assumes the pc has crashed, so it checks the drives. I think I have the latest drivers for all my hardware. What is wrong?

Harold [thumbsdown]

Your device manager does not have any yellow "!" ? Cause that is usually your ACPI management that is not working properly. Check your vendor or motherboard web sites to make sure they don't have a patch or something.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Strange my motherboard doesn't come with drivers! I have the P3B-F motherboard with a PIII-500 processor and 512 megs of Ram. Smah, thanks for the URL but my problem was not listed. It worked fine in Win 2000 Pro and in windows ME. I never installed any drivers there. Could it be I have to upgrade a driver from another device (like networkcard, modem, soundcard, tv-card)? I think all have the latest drivers (if available for XP)

At first: check out your Power options by double-clicking on the desktop or control panel. There should not be standby -value "never".

My XP machine would never come out of Hibernation/Standby until I removed Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 (came with my old burner). If you have older software (not just drivers for that hardware) that came with legacy peripherals (scanners, printers, etc.), make sure it has a patch for XP. There is no working version of ECDC 4 for XP so I had to buy new burning software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back