Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standby in Shutdown is not active...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLBaby

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
when i press shutodwn, the "Standby" tab is not active while restart and shutdown are active. How i can active standby tab.....?

Knowledge is a key of success.

I dont know if this is what you mean, but:

Right click Desktop->Properties
Click the Screensaver tab, then hit the Power button near the bottom.
Click the Advanced tab...
Where it says "When I press the power button do this" just poke around in there and something may jump out at you about that... something may not be set to use Standby mode, it may just say "Shut down when I hit the power button"

Those wont be exact words obviously, but poke around and you may find something.

Greyed-out STAND BY button (No HIBERNATE tab either)
thread779-596881

How to Troubleshoot Problems with Standby Mode, Hibernate Mode, and Shutting Down Your Computer in Windows 2000

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

Try Safe Mode (Do you have this problem in Safe Mode?).

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

wel, i check and try every thing mentioned up... but this matter is solved now, i changed to vedio card and standby option came back, just to make sure i put back old navida Geforce FX 5500 and standby option become in grey color again, card was defective, even i put same model again but new card and its working fantastic now. Thanks for all kind help..

Knowledge is a key of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back