Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standby Exchange Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm2k

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
GB
Hi.

I have an Exchange 2003 Server, which is currently backed up using Brightstor, however I have little faith in that product as it crashes regurlaly.

I have a server that is exactly the same as the working Exchange server, So was hoping to have a replica of it somehow.

I have very little budget, I can stretch to a basic Netgear SAN. I have been thinking about doing a Peer to Peer Ghost.

Can anybody think of a better solution?

Many Thanks :)

I'd fix the Brighstor crashing problem, #1. Going to a cluster is a mess, to say the least, and most won't recommend it.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Thanks i'm working on it :) however would like to have an extra layer of security.

As you mentioned above I would like to avoid using Clusters.

Do you mean Netgear NAS? Not being critical, just that SANs are much, much more expensive and Netgear doesn't sell any. Moving on, you're going to really be looking for a product such as Go2Exchange or equivalent. I've not used them but hear that some are very good. I'd explain to management that if they want a replicated server, then they'll have to open the purse strings a bit more.

Your right, my bad :)

Thanks, looks like i'm going to struggle with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back