Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standard Toolbar has Disappeared 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCCkjn

Technical User
Dec 5, 2007
CA
I am using Crystal version 9.2.2. This is probably a simple fix but I can't seem to find it. The standard toolbar has disappeared from the screen. On the View Toolbars, all toolbars are selected. I've deselected them and then re-selected them. I've moved the toolbars around. I've closed Crystal and then re-opened it. I've maximized the screen. Still, I cannot get back that standard toolbar. Never realized how much I used it until it was no longer there. I can still access everything but it's annoying not to be able to point and click so easily. Can anyone help? :)

Crystal has a registry setting that stores the last position of each toolbar. So either you accidentally dragged it out of view or somehow the registry was changed and has coordinates that are out of view.

I have seen this happen with the field explorer when people have dual monitors and put the object on a second monitor, or if they change resolution leaving the object outside their viewable area.

Unfortunately, I don't know an easy fix. Even an uninstall and reinstall won't reset the registry unless you clean the registry in between. And the registry keys aren't named intuitively for the toolbars (there are lots of them).

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back