Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standard, saved text import?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardkng

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
Hello, sorry to sound so uninformed about this, but really, I am...

I need to do regular text imports, into a table, but I dont want to have to set the columns and spaces in the text import wizard each time, because its a rather long record (300+ spaces, with LOTS of columns).

So I was wondering what was involved in doing regular (daily) text imports, when the data im importing is always in the same format...is there some way to have a "saved" text import layout?

Im using fixed length text files.

Be happy to provide more information if needed, my appologies if this is the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one?

Thank you in advance!

There is an import text makro that you can set up. Probably best to import once manually, then set the makro to import into the table you created

Start to import the table. In that dialog, click on the Advanced button on the bottom. You'll be able to save an import spec there, and use it whenever you want. It's available through code, but I've never really wrestled with how to use them through code.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Access Databases for Non-Profit Organizations

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back