Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standard Deviation - associating the measure

Status
Not open for further replies.

doddy

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
AU
Greetings,

If anyone has successfully used the standard deviation summary function in Impromptu, please respond and I'll detail my problem.

In summary, I have a query that reports event data for a call centre. I want to be able to report the standard deviation of each agent's value from the mean of all the centre agent's values. If I associate the standard deviation measure by agent, all values are zero (I'm guessing that represents a comparison of the agents value to that same agents average value, ie. the same one). If I associate the measure by CentreName, I get a value, but it's the same for every agent in that centre so I've no idea what it is supposed to represent.

I noticed that similar past threads had no useful information to offer:
thread401-929753 (Oct-04)
thread401-1123578 (Sep-05)
so I'm wondering if this is a useful/used functionality in Impromptu 7.1 or not.

Interestingly, I had some success with a quartile summary function based on Impromptu's percentile function, which successfully does the comparison across the array of agent values, and that measures is associated by agent, so I can't quite figure out what might be wrong.

regards,
Doddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back