Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standalone Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frink

Programmer
Mar 16, 2001
GB
Hallo,

I need to update some servers from a DVD. I have internet access, but the servers themselves have no network, usb or internet connection.

I can use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser to determine what patches I need, but is there any tool where I can somehow get all these on a DVD, then update the server from that DVD (maybe by running some sort of Windows update?)

I also have other applications (MS Office, Adobe Reader etc.) to update, but I thought I'd try with Windows first.

Thanks for any one out there who can help,

- Frink

Microsoft does release CD images with security updates on them. You can download them from the Microsoft site.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Cheers.
Do you know if that includes an installer to only install the ones I need, or do I have to select the ones to install?
Do you have details of the URL?

- Frink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back