Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stalled print cartridge carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frannylw

Technical User
Jan 22, 2005
US
I am getting this error message on my HP Officejet V40xi.
It says, the "Print Carriage is stalled, open door, clear then hit enter". I see no blocking. No paper jam. I followed the directions on the HP website to a T, I still get that message. This appeared after printing 2 pictures.
The cartridge does move freely. What else is there to do?

I'm sorry to say, but your printer is toast. On the earlier inkjet models, paper feed, and the service station (where the carriage parks) were driven by two independant motors. On some of the new ones, like yours, there is only a single motor that drives both items. There is a small clutch that sits between the feed rollers, and the service station. It's this clutch that typically breaks. Causing the service station to not move out of the way to allow the carriage to move freely. Unfortunatly there is no parts replacement for this item.

Timothy N. Couch

Does the same apply to me?
My error message is: "The print cartridge cradle cannot move."
I followed all the instructions but couldn't find a paper jam either. On another site someone said they cleaned the 'alignment strip' - what is this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back