Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stalled Checkpoint on IDS 7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxAnomaly

Programmer
Jun 19, 2002
AR
I just installed IDS 7.3 for NT, and when i create a new server through the instance server manager it hangs up initializing the server, and if i do all the work by myself
when i call oninit to bring up the server and create the root dbspace it creates the file and then hangs up and if i do oninit -iy to brig it up to online and execute the script that creates sysmaster and sysutils, it creates sysmaster completely and in the last part of the section that creates the sysutils database it hangs up on a grant statment and when i issue onstat it tells me that the server has been blocked by a checkpoint request and when i do onmode -c i get a message telling that the checkpoint is stalled and not completed. and also the next logical log file is full.

Any suggestions? i´m really stuck with this and i want to learn how the server side of Informix works.

Thanks a lot

It's possible that rootdbs is small, increase space for rootdbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back