Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StaleConnection Exception on WAS 4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmarwan

Programmer
Oct 29, 2002
US
Hi,

I am getting the following exception after my database does an incremental backup daily every time. After the backup, the first hit to the database is throwing the StaleConnection exception. But then afterwards, it works just fine till the next scheduled backup. I believe the backup process shuts down all the database connections to run.

Any suggestions?
Environment: WAS 4.0.7 on Win2K SP4.
DB2 7.2.3 on Red Hat Linux 8.

[7/8/04 8:14:21:234 CDT] 1465d657 StaleConnecti A CONM7007I: Mapping the following SQLException, with ErrorCode -30,081 and SQLState 40003, to a StaleConnectionException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUX] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "12.17.45.99". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001

Yeah

We get this often . No big deal - just means DB connectivity disappers during backup and then you connection pool has some connection that are no longer valid. As you app gets connection from the pool these will be replaced with valid connections.

If it bothers you - worth doing online backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back