Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stage two copper testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

linesclan

Programmer
Apr 8, 2002
GB
Hi all

Does anyone know where I could recieve training on the above.

Thanks

Linesclan

I guess I would first have to know exactly what it means. Where did you get information regarding different stages of testing? It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Hi daron

I am not sure, all I know is that this is part of a acceptance test for long distance copper communication cables used by the ministry of transport. Loaded pairs etc.

Thanks

Darren

Then I would guess "stage two copper testing" is related to qualifing a line for a DSL type service. I doubt that it really has anything to do with "long distance" since long distance service is usually run on fiber or microwave.

That sort of testing is usually (in my area) handled by the telephone company which is where you would receive the training. There were some helpful PDF's on tempo.textron.com showing how to use their TelScout line of TDRs to "clean up" pairs for data service. Their site has been "improved" and I cannot find anything for you there. However you could look around or call them for info. They have always been helpful to me in the past (even though I bought my TS90 off eBay).

A manufacturer of the appropriate testing equipment (such as Tempo) would be another avenue for training.

Hopefully this is pertinent to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back