Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stacks vs Arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidprince

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
AU
Ladies and Gentlemen
I am looking at writing a program to emulate a card shuffling machine. What I know of the machine is that it uses a system whereby the cards are stacked into a slot. There are 53 of these slots. My question is, would it be more efficient to use stacks (clearly designed for the purpose) or to use arrays. I have looked at several sources on stacks (Kardi Teknomo's excellent short program and Getz and Gilbert's VBA Developer's Handbook, old now but with some good stuff in it) and there are a myriad of sources on arrays including Chip Pearson's website.
My concern with stacks (I haven't used them since doing assembley language way back when) is that I am unsure if you can set up Stack1, Stack2....Stack53 or if this will create a conflict.
Any advise appreciated.
Thanks
David

You might notice that KArdi Teknomo's stack library is implemented using an array ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back