Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stacking 2 2524m Procurves

Status
Not open for further replies.

jce001

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
US
I need to stack a pair of Procurves. I have two options of GBIC cards. The problem is the Gigabit Stacking card is twice as much as the 1000fx card. Anyone know of a reason not to use the 1000fx cards?

Hi,
You have a mistake.
HP ProCurve 2524/2512 has a only 5 acceoures that you can use:
Gigabit stacking kit
Gigabit-SX Tranceiver
Gigabit-LX Tranceiver
100/1000-T tranceiver
100-FX SC tranceiver

If you'd like to stack 2 Procurves 2524 over GigaBit, more inexpencive variant is Gigabit Stacking Kit

Best regards!

The gigabit stacking kit for the 2524 should only cost about $120 for the cable and an interface for each 2524.

I have this same switch, how do i get to the menu to configure it? Do i telnet to a certain IP address? This is my first switch.

how do i get to the hyper terminal?

"Stacking" means that you can access both switches via 1 ip address. If you haven't assigned an IP address yet, then you need to connect a terminal to the serial port and use the menu or command line tools to assign an IP to one of the switches. At this point, you can then use the stacking commands to add other switches to the switch stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back