Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stack overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiramisu01

Programmer
Feb 11, 2000
SG
Visit site
<br>
I never thought I would see this error message again. *grin*<br>
Anyway, my jscript generated a stack overflow. What are the possible causes of it? Would too long a .js page be the cause of it? <br>
<br>
Thank you in advance.

One thing that I have ran into is trying to repeat a function w/o a setTimeout. a script that is too long may generate a stack overflow, but it would have to be pretty long. check for &quot;never-ending-loops&quot;, and repeating function calls.<br>
<br>
Thats the only thing I can think of.<br>
<p>theEclipse<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href=robacarp.webjump.com>robacarp.webjump.com</a><br>

One way to avoid the array length problem is through ARTIFICIAL 2-dimensional arrays...ndogg: this should answer one of your other questions too :)<br>
<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If you have an array that will need to store possibly more than 99 objects dynamically; you can set up a <i>do while...loop</i> function to create & fill multiple arrays in a pseudo-2-dimensional array.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Just divide the number of entries you'll need by 99 and loop with an increasing number (increased as an integer; one greater each repetition) appended to the name of each new array (I.E. <i>var eval(InputArray+RepeatNumber;</i>) in your loop function. Have it repeat while the RepeatNumber variable is NOT GREATER THAN the number of inputs/99. Inside this loop; nest another loop that simple repeats 99 reads into each sequential array every time it is called & tallies how many entries have been made with an argument to exit BOTH loops if the tallying variable is greater than the number of inputs needed.<br>
<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Please feel free to e-mail me if you need any clarification on this :) <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= shared.freeservers.com/searchmaster.html>SearchMaster Interface...11-in-1</a><br>Wanting to learn Assembler; please e-mail me any tutorials or links for it that are useful to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back