Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stability of 4.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2233

Vendor
Sep 1, 2005
CA
We have many (over 200) IP Offices in the field.

We've struggled with many iterations of unstable 4.0 releases. Lots of patches and especially VM problems.

How is 4.1 ? Is it stable ?

Its ok yes.

Obviously nothing is 100% but V4 turned out to be a turkey until 4.0.14, V4.1 looks better in my opinion.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

4.1 is a good release and it has quite a few new features that are pretty kool. I still don't 40 AA's are needed in Embedded VM but hey who am I to judge. This just means more people are going to try to use embedded like VM Pro. Also the new time profile setup on embedded is good too.

Remember it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

Did a four site V4.1 Upgrade, Over all every thing went to plan, bar a small PCS issue.

Nothing too bad to report. However the manager keeps crashing which is a little frustrating.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Upgraded a customer to 4.0 last week, the VM started getting "congested".
Upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1, now the fax servers are "intermittently" not recieving DTMF from the analog ports. Butt-set proves the IP Office is not sending the DTMF, I am downgrading to 4.0 again, I dont know what else to do!

the voicemial ports getting congested is a know issue even in the 4.1(9) build, i had to get a private build to fix this, just put a ticket in with your distrubutor and it will go up the chain. Avaya offered to make a 4.0 private build but they said it would take a week so i went for the immediat fix of upgrading...no problems yet.

We've did a new install on a IP500 with DS 5410, IPDect and SIP trunks.
The only problem we have is that there is no ringback tone on the 3701 Handsets. I've made some traces but no answer yet from Avaya. On the DS stations there is ringback tone.

greetzzz...Bas

Hi bas123, are the codecs matched accross the different IP lines.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

TP,

Yes they are, IPdect and the SIP trunk are both set to G711.
I have tried to disable Direct Media Path, still the same.
I've tried to downgrade the IPDect to ver. 1.1.7

-thephonemn

How many digits are in your incoming call route for your faxes? I had this problem with 4 digits on the incoming call route, I had to put in 10 digits and it started working. First time I saw that problem because I had it work with 4 digits on all 3.x builds. I saw this problem in 4.0 as well.

Might be something to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back