Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(STA) Meridain Single Terminal Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

overseasbro

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
I am using a STA setup on my Opt81C with 3 ports on a MSDL card. The 1st 2 ports wokr fine, but the 3rd port is setup as a modem. It intermittently works at best. I have moved the port over to another MSDL port, changed modems and cables. Has anyone out there had any issues with STA- remote access?

Chris W

STA has never run perfectly. It always have some random problems and MSDL have to be restarted.

Nortel has never gave any solution to resolve it. I guess that kind of connection is now in the trash in the Nortel Labs...

I heard the same thing from a couple of other techs. This was my last resort. I will just add a new modem to the Meridian Mail and Meridian Max and dial in seperately.

Thanks

Chris W

STA never really worked well for me either, only ran into it a few times, people don't use it for a reason I think haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back