Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSTab1 control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsoutherland

Programmer
Feb 26, 2004
Novice here. I have an SSTab1 control with several tabs. Two of the tabs are covered with text boxes and labels that are control arrays. Where the SSTab1 control displays, some of the textbox/label arrays that are supposed to be on one tab are visible on the other tab that has textbox/label arrays. I have messed with "bring to front/back" and Zorder and nothing seems to work. Help!

Make sure that the controls that appear on all the tabs are, in fact, in the SStab control. You can drag a control (a text box for example) over an SStab control and it looks like it is in the tab control but it is in fact on the form and displays in front of the SStab regardless of which tab is active.

In design view, cut (Ctrl-X) the text box (or whatever), select the tab you want it to be on and then paste the text box. That places the text box inside the SStab rather than in the form.

Already done that a couple of times with no improvement. The odd thing is that the SSTab1 has 7 tabs and the duplication only happens on two tabs and those are the ones with the control arrays on them.

As well as making sure the controls are loaded on the Tab control and not the form, have you also checked the controls are mounted on the correct tab pages. Have you tried cutting the suspect control, clicking on the correct page tab, and then pasting.

Yes. That is what I meant on the previous answer. I have tried to cut and paste them AND delete and recreate them on the correct tab one-by-one to be sure that was not the issue. (A real pain since there are over 100 controls.) No change.

Is there a way to determine the ZOrder of the individual tabs and the controls during runtime?

If you have so many controls on the tab control, you should think about putting the controls within frames on each page. Reason being if you play around with changing the tab control size it messes up the positioning of the controls. Found this out the hard way. Re your present problem, I know sometimes I have had problems with visible nasties, usually things like making reference to listboxes on pages not presently visible, and they have appeared as outlines. Usually get away with making the controls hidden (visible=false) untill they/pages are to be viewed. Another good reason to stick them in a frame as you can set visible to false, or disable in one swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back