Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sstab control 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurie

Programmer
Jun 4, 2008
ZA
Bie guys
Im sorry for asking a silly question,
How do i remove a tab from a sstab control, the sstab has 4 tabs and i want to remove one of them, how do i go abt it.
It looks a silly question to me but funny enough i cant solve it.

Do you mean on design-time?

Go to SSTAB properties -> (Custom)-> Tab count

I don't think you can remove them programatically, you need to remove them in the design environment. You can make each tab invisible programatically though.

The design-time interface for the SSTab is frustrating in the extreme, especially if you want to delete the first of many tabs because the only control you've got over the layout is by altering the TabCount, which means you always lose the right-most ones first. You can't delete the first tab and shift all the child elements back one tab.

I find it's good practice to use a container on each tab and then place the child elements within each container, so that if you need to move things around you only need to move the containers.

- Andy

Thank you guys,
i want to remove on design-time.
i go SSTAB properties -> Tab count.there is no custom. When i change the count it gives an invalid propery value error. Fortunately for me it is the last tab and i have deleted every control on it.

Thank you guys there was a label which was invisible on the tab, thats why the invalid property error, Thank you guys.
But is there a way i can expand the actual tab(the one to be clicked), there is a space left by the removed tab and it doesnt look good.

Set TabsPerRow to be the same as TabCount.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back