Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSRS with SSL Certificate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunntcom

Technical User
Mar 30, 2010
US
So our Security team is not familiar with SSRS and I have been tasked now with trying to enable SSL in Reporting Services. I can see the steps in Reporting Configuration Manager however I have know idea where to get the Certificate from. Our security team said I need to generate a Certificate Service request (csr) first. I have done those with keytool but am not clear on how to do it for SSRS, nor where to even the store the certificate if and when our security team sends me one back. They also mentioned installing IIS, which I did. However I am not sure of how SSRS actually would integrate with SSRS, and of course we have the certificate question again. Tried googling a bit but nothing clear to me yet, plus like I mentioned our Security team isn't sure what to do either. Just need some advice on how to heck to get this up and running.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back