Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSRS Hourly Schedule Once A Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiankk

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
I need to create a schedule that runs a report once an hour on Fridays. The hourly schedule does not provide a way to select days of the week. Does anyone have a solution or am I missing something?

If you have SQL Server Agent running (on the Server with your relational DB), you can create a Job in there to run your report. Create a subscription for your report, schedule it to run once, set the date to yesterday. In the ReportServer database in SSMS it will create a subscription_id for the subscription. You execute the report from your Job Step using this subscription_id.

exec ReportServer.dbo.AddEvent @EventType='TimedSubscription', @EventData='E4FB7DAF-C81B-4B07-84F2-BC3D097A4290'

where @EventData = the subscription_id you got from the subscription table.

So far it is working fine. Thank you.

Do I need the original Agent job that was set up through SSRS subscriptions or can I delete? This is the job I got the "where @EventData = the subscription_id you got from the subscription table." I didn't know if the new job I created is somehow dependent on the subscription job when calling the subscription_id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back