Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSRS and DBase III Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bburnell

Programmer
Sep 15, 2000
US
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with getting DBase III files/directories to work correctly in SQL 2005? The connection and queries run fine in VS/BIDS, but when I deploy them to the server I get the following:

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object '<TABLENAME>'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.

Here is the connection string I am using (OLEDB):
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\server\apps\Db\Files;Extended Properties="dBase III"

Basically, this connection string works in VS/BIDS, but does not on the SSRS server. The database has no security, so no password is needed. It does need the username and password to get to that secure directory though.

Also, I recently imported the tables to SQL 2005 successfuly with no problems. SSRS is fine with that, however, the security app they are using to report off of uses DBase III files.

Any ideas or suggestions? The SSRS server is running on Server 2003.

Thanks!
~Brett

--------------------------
Web/.net Programmer & DBA
Central PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back