Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL2K Rollout Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphwiggum

Programmer
Apr 28, 2003
US
Thanks for reading my thread,
I'm looking for a checklist of configuration, optimization, maintenance, security tasks for multisite (20+ remote sites) SQL Server 2000 based application rollout. My goal is expose and work out the configuration and setup details before deploying the monster to all the remote sites.

Basically I'm trying to assemble a list of everything that should be setup/configured or considered/tested before going live to avoid any unforseen issues. Obviously this list could probably fill a book, I'm more interested in the tricky stuff that's often forgotten or something that's not common knowledge but important and worthwhile.

Maybe if anyone has experience with multisite rollouts they can expose some common pitfalls and oversights. Replication will be implemented as a central subscriber model with the 20+ remote sites as publishers probably using a pull subscription. Users per site is small (<10) but transactions are heavy and demand on server is fairly high. Remote sites are connected by ISDN (128K) or DSL.

Thanks again for checking out my thread and much appreciation in advance for any help provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back