Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL1016 storageworks problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBI

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
DE
Hi,

we've recently bought this device but we've some problems trying to get working it.

We're trying to use it on a DL380G4 server using the scsi device on board (Smart Array 6i) with W2k Advanced Server sp4.

On device manager we're able to see only the SDLT drive under Tape Drives, no library listed.

Using our Backup sw CA BrightStor v9 we're able to work only with a sdlt drive and not with an entire tape library.

We've installed hp L&TT v3.5, but we're unable to see any library, also an hw scan is not able to find any library (only a sdlt drives is listed).

Attached you can find the print screen of the status of the library.

Are there any hw incompatibility between DL380G4 and SSL 1016 ?
Are there any additional sw we can install in order to fix it ?

Thanks for your support
Regards

HP only supports specific drives on the external port of their array controllers and does not support tape libraries on it at all. Check the quickspecs for you Array card on HP's site for details on what specific drives are supported on that external port (yes, there is a specific small list), and/or be prepared to buy another SCSI card to host your library.

Some libraries share the same SCSI ID between a drive and the library, but each uses a different LUN. If you have this type of library then check the setup configuration for the controller. Make sure LUN support is enabled.

I've resolved m problem yesterday with another scsi card. Smart array 6i support only LUN = 0.

Thanks
Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back